Workshops for Youth
County of Santa Clara Intern & Earn gives participants the opportunity to develop employment readiness skills and connect to job opportunities. Year-round workshops prepare candidates for our paid internships, as well as other employment opportunities. Workshops cover employment basics such as completing job applications and interview techniques. Topics for those interested in post-secondary education include paying for college and exploring career choices.
- Building My Resume (What is a resume?, writing tips, do's and don'ts)
- Educational and Career Pathways (Options for higher education)
- Effective Customer Service (Why it's important, how to provide it)
- Exploring My Job and Career Choices (Job vs. career, education and income, career exploration)
- Finding My Career (Exploring and planning career choices)
- Identifying My Skills (What is a skill?, skills inventory)
- Keeping My Job (How to standout and shine, keys to keeping a job)
- Making My Application Stand Out (purpose of an application, do's and don'ts, completing an application)
- My Communication on the Job (Dealing with conflict on the job,)
- Paying for College (guide to financial aid)
- Preparing for my Interviews (What is an interview?, first impressions, answering questions)
- Social Media: Why It Matters (Do's and don'ts)
- What Employers Expect from Me (Needing a job vs. wanting to work, employer expectations)
Please note: Workshops are offered by request, please connect with your Employment Counselor to receive additional information.